Hey Ya’ll! I’m back! So a little confession for you. 🙂 I do not write for anyone else’s eyes, except for my own. Frankly, I could care less if anybody else reads these blogs or not. You see, when I write, I connect to my own soul and when I am connected to my own soul is when I provide the BEST THERAPY. Any who, I am in the process of writing several books and its a little bit of a confidence builder for me to put some of my stuff from my books on this stupid blog, even though there in the “ROUGH draft” stage of development.
I love writing rough drafts with errors, and all. Frankly, I may very well just have to publish some books with a lot of spelling errors and grammatical errors ON PURPOSE because I think it would help heal us all from that man made silly “perfectionism.” stuff. I was just reading that looooooong blog about “75 words I want to take out of the dictionary bla bla bla post” and as I was reading that I thought to myself, “wow, that part sounded REDICULOUS and RIGID, I DON’T THINK LIKE THAT! I make myself laugh sometimes.
Everybody has there vices I guess and I would probably say that one of my vices is my website, silly as that sounds. I love going on my website and making stupid changes, tweeking this, tweeking that, whatever. I think the reason why I like it so much is, just like my writing connects me to my soul, my website connects me to my soul as well. Why? Because I am a therapist, or a healer of pain…on my good days that it is…. On my BAD days, I just make myself think I am a Healer of Pain and then I feel better…. chuckle, chuckle, some good ol narcissistic humor for you. Any who, enough tangents. Let’s talk about something else……drum role please…..
WHAT THE HECK IS HEALTHY SPIRITUALITY?
I don’t know, but I’ll take some guesses at it. I don’t feel like typing much longer, so lets do a top ten list!
- Healthy spirituality is about; “Being Humble, Because You Could Be Wrong.”
- I believe many Atheists and Agnostics know Yahweh or Meh. (btw, Meh is my all time favorite agnostic name for god.) Why? Because a lot of the time agnostics and atheists just think god is marginal or Meh at best. They just don’t know that they know yahweh. Case in point, if Yahweh was manifested in a human being today, I think He/She would probably be a open-minded, agnostic, peace making, truth telling, Friend of Jesus, Hippie loving soul.
- People of all Religions can know Meh or Yahweh.
- A Healthy Relationship with Meh or yahweh is summed up by Micah 6:8.
“And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God. that’s it.”
Yes, Sam Harris I believe you know Yahweh, you just don’t didn’t know that you knew Yahweh because Yahweh is not who you think He/She is…and I believe you are right on about many of your thoughts regarding religion….
6. What does it mean to Walk Humbly with God? Be Vulnerable, admit your issues, yell at God, scream at God, tell God how much you think He/She is a Sociopath. Truly, I think one of the phrases to best descrive God would be that of a “Loving Sociopath.” I do not mean that in a negative way at all, I mean that in a realistic way. You see, Yahweh looks at the heart, man judges outward appearances. Tell God how much you hate him/her, are indifferent, etc. whatever.
7. Meh is NOT going to help you solve your problems. Yahweh IS THE CREATOR, NOT YOUR PERSONAL GENIE. He/She gave you a body, a brain, and all creation as your playground. Bad things happen, horrible things happen, HORRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN, REALLY REALLY REALLY HORRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN, that does not make Yahweh innately bad. Frankly, I would not want it any other way. Free will is the most beautiful gift that we have been given.
8. Healthy Faith is about having some eternal optimism. Eternal optimism is the belief that; IN ALL ETERNITY, MERCY AND JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL FOR ALL. I believe in this to the core of my being. This is my reality in my life irregardless to how my life will turn out. People who equate God’s sovernigy with; “what did or did not happen in their life” is really seeing God through a humanistic/narcissistic lense.
9. “Prayer” does NOT work. I THINK GOD WANTS TO TELL YOU; “I WILL NOT HELP YOU IN THE WAY YOU THINK I WILL. I Helped you by giving you a brain, a body, eyes, nose, feet, arms, insight, etc. I HAVE GIVEN YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR SELF. So, you really think I am going to answer your prayer for a 4th kid, all the while there are MILLIONS of starving children WHO ARE DYNG EVERY DAY AND BEING KILLED? REALLY? WAKE UP! Many of you devout and religious people enrage me with your so called ego obsessed life that is masked as “faith.” I believe the original intention behind prayer was that when we prayer for others, we are healed in the process. When I volunteer, give to others, pray for others, help others out, I am not focusing on myself for the moment. Because of this, prayer can heal us from selfishness, narcissism, egocentrism, etc. However, the best prayer is simply a hard worker, just work hard. (word of wisdom to the devouts!) In God’s eyes, I believe your work ethic IS your prayer life. He/She could care less about your prayers, he sees your true character by your work ethic. Prayer is just words, words mean nothing, actions mean everything. God does not answer prayers like religious people think He/She does. If God did answer prayer like that, faith would no longer be pure, because people will only have “faith” for what God can do for them. This is not faith at all, this is just selfishness, religious narcissism masked as faith.
10. Healthy confession is an integral part of a relationship with God. You see, we all sin and we are all LOOOOOVED BY God more than we know. 🙂 We need to be honest about sins and our struggles with Yahweh. What is Sin? Sin is ego, sin is rationalizing, self righteousness, “perfectionism”, narcissism, piety, lying, not committing to our word, pride, murder, image, image addiction, artificiality, addictions, lust, (when you let it control your life.) promiscuity, richness, etc, etc. etc. Disclaimer, there are many people who may be rich and do NOT struggle with the sin of “richness.” I believe we all sin AND I believe God sins. 🙂 We are not made to be perfect, we are made to struggle with sin, we are made to confess our sins and be cleansed, we are made to be quirky, flawed, insecure sometimes, beautiful, etc. Sin is anything in our life that stops us from EVOLVING into our truest potential. For example, someone may see someone like Mother Theresa and think, “She did not sin.” Yes she did. Her sin was that she blindly accepted the Catholics teachings as infallible and she did not use her God-given brain to decipher whether those teaching were accurate or not. Her sin was also that she put the saints and the pope on a pedestal and no one should be put on a pedestal like that. (In my own humble opinion.) So what does healthy confession look like?
Take a piece of paper out.
Write on there; My sins, my struggles, and Your Forgiveness.
Write out your sins and what you have been struggling with. Then Let God intervene and express his forgiveness and mercy over you. When we are heart felt and genuine with our confessions, we will receive forgiveness and mercy. However, when we just say a confession for the sake of it and we make no attempts to change our behavior, our confession was probably just for our own conscience and there is no redemption there. At the core, the purpose of confession is to receive complete redemption and restoration. What would a confession look like? Write on a piece of paper these things and then go into a church, synagogue, or mosque and leave the paper at the alter. When people do this exercise, it will feel like a burden has been lifted. ( if you were honest.) You may also want to burn the paper and put it in a fire as a sign of God’s cleansing. Here is an example:
I lied to my girlfriend because I was afraid to tell her the truth about my past last week.
I am really lonely, I feel like I have no one. god, you feel so far away. I don’t like you sometimes. I miss my family. I miss my best friend louise. Why wont’t he call me any more? I am scared to need my girlfriend, so I end up doing all these stupid games to try and keep her close, but it just ends up pushing her away. I’m scared to let her in and open up to her about my past. I need to tell Louise that it hurt my feelings that he stopped calling me, how do I do that?
Thank you for being honest with me. Tell Louise, if Louise is a real friend to you Son, he will LISTEN TO YOU vs. GET DEFENSIVE. I know you are so scared right now. I know I feel like I am a million miles away right now. Son, by you confessing your struggles and sins to me right now I am in the process of cleansing your heart. I am giving you courage to tell your girlfriend about your struggle with lying. I will also give you courage to talk to your friend. Please know, courage is not moving forward without fear, courage is MOVING FORWARD in the MIDST of fear. Your sins are forgiven my son, go in peace.
I believe God is way more enraged by piety, spiritual narcissism, image obsessed people than he is with people who struggle with addictions for example. That’s why you always found Jesus with the down and outs, the addicts, etc. These people were typically much more humble, AUTHENTIC, and WAY MORE ENJOYABLE TO BE AROUND than the pharisees of the time. We have SO MANY PHARISEES IN OUR DAY, IT’S C-R-A-Z-Y! I believe a lot of Evangelical Christians for example may be spiritual narcissists, but they do not know it. They wear their faith like its something to show off, always saying; “lord this, lord that, lord willing, lord, lord, lord, lord……They in turn raise their children in the same way and they think they are raising their children to “Fear the Lord.” however, in actuality they are just raising their children to be spiritual narcissists often times. The priest/pastor who is all “holy” and “self righteuos” and thinks he/she has a closer relationship with the Lord simply because he/she is a “Pastor” and/or may think he is better off than other people because of their “spirituality” is far worse off than the drug addict who knows who he is and has no pretense.
11. What are your thoughts on Faith? I am curious…
All for now, I’m signing off! Here is another Gluten Free 5 ingredient or less recipe for you! Here is a recipe for Pesto Chicken Soup from:
“If you love pesto pasta, then this is the perfect recipe for you. Obvioulsy, your favorite pesto and chicken fettuccini is full of gluten and all those ingridients you’re trying to avoid with a new lifestyle. However, this pesto chicken soup is perfect for easing that craving without giving in to the things that are bad for you. Use homemade pesto or store bought (I won’t tell!)”
- 4 cups good-quality chicken stock
- 3 handfuls (about 3 cups) fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Great Northern or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup pesto
Mix all the ingredients together in a pot and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. ENJOY!
Kelly Johnson, MA, LPC