AD/HD is a neurobehavioral disorder that is characterized by either significant difficulties of inattention or hyperactivity and impulsiveness or a combination of the two. AD/HD can cause significant problems in school, relationships, and vocational. The manifestations of AD/HD can include:
- Persistent disorganization
- Lack of Focus/Inability to concentrate
- Inability to complete boring tasks unto completion
- Hyperactivity, appears to run by a motor
- Daydream, become easily confused, and move slowly
- Have difficulty processing information as quickly and accurately as others
- Struggle to follow instructions
A proper diagnosis is imperative in the treatment of AD/HD and medication combined with AD/HD coaching can be extremely effective in teaching children and adults the skills necessary so they can live fulfilling and successful lives. AD/HD Coaching can help someone improve their day to day organization, concentration, time management skills, interpersonal skills, and overall feeling of success academically, socially, and vocationally. In addition to the limitations of AD/HD, the research coming out now also shows that individuals with AD/HD also have these collective positive attributes as well.
- The uncanny ability to think outside of the box (excellent small business owners because of this!!)
- Excellent Conversationalist
- High Motivation and Drive
- High Energy
So, the next time you think of AD/HD, don’t just think about the limitations, think about the positive attributes as well! Please read these links below for more information and please contact me if you would like to inquire regarding some coaching, I would love to work with you!